I received today...

Show off your wares.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Re: I received today...

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Pete wrote: December 19th, 2023, 3:13 pm I use Google translate app for Japanese text in games you can just take a photo & it will do the rest.
I’ll give it a go, but it’s stylised and partially obscured…

I’ve seen a few sources on the game say that almost immediately before release, the head of Sega decreed the name would change from Broad Axe to Golden Axe, and “apparently” the Japanese script still reads as ‘Broad Axe’.
Another source says that the Japanese title is ‘Battle Axe’.

I find it odd that with such a popular game, and so many people on Earth that speak both Japanese and English, that there’s not just a definite answer.
Seems super easy to find out definitively…

Edit: Yet another source says it’s ’War Axe’. Perhaps there’s no direct translation to that Kanji (Katakana?! I don’t know how to tell the difference?!) after all?
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Well, i never posted pictures..but the original sales thread from "Kold666" is still there..he sold me a superb Twin hawk pcb delivered for £147!!...pcb came fast & it is like new!.. :awe:
I nearly slipped up and bought a Dai Sen Pu pcb from another member here...its the inferior version AND it was over £300!! + delivery!..
What an awesome 'proper' old skool STG from toaplan!.

Was also looking for ages for an original Viewpoint mvs cart in decent shape...I was approached by members here..two with kits well over a grand & one guy inparticular wanting £650 for a 'tatty' cartridge...wtf!?..i even offered £400 cash...'no i want more mate..etc , etc...its rare etc etc.
So patiently waited...one popped up ebay from a proper games shop "www.DutchGameBoys.com" in minty shape!!...price was £285 Delivered from netherlands 'no import duty etc' !...
So these guys are independants...don't know me & selling online...so a fellow member here wanted double for a tatty cart!?... :problem:
Not into getting ripped off by our so called 'community' .
Also not into 'Neo SD'...Darksoft..etc , etc ...foot down. Originality all the way.
IMG_20231222_173115.jpg
IMG_20231223_102203.jpg
IMG_20231223_102205.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
garrz32

Post by garrz32 »

Nice one Marc. I've stopped putting wants up as it's seems to bring out the greedy types in droves. Patience is the winner it seems
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

I ‘try’ to just stick to stuff I’ll use/read/play rather than ‘collecting’ stuff just to have it… however I am an absolute sucker for a OST CD.

This arrived today and I know have a sealed OST for the four Cave games I own :oops:
IMG_3999.jpeg
IMG_4001.jpeg
I’m only slightly embarrassed about it, but not too embarrassed to post it apparently…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Wait you buy CDs and keep them sealed? Please tell me you will actually play/secure rip that disc :awe:
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Got all of the music on streaming services for now…

However, once I get a nice CD player in the setup I’ll probably open them up…

Although, realistically, I rarely listen to game music outside of playing games (except for Yuzo Koshiro, who does often get a blast when I’m in the car).
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Why is Daisenpu the inferior version? :p
Neo Gold wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 10:47 am I nearly slipped up and bought a Dai Sen Pu pcb from another member here...its the inferior version AND it was over £300!! + delivery!..
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

ChrisBEANS wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 10:33 am Got all of the music on streaming services for now…

However, once I get a nice CD player in the setup I’ll probably open them up…

Although, realistically, I rarely listen to game music outside of playing games (except for Yuzo Koshiro, who does often get a blast when I’m in the car).
I decided to quit streaming services and go back to listening to full albums again via a dedicated DAP. Picked up a Sony NW-WM1A over Christmas. They're retailing at over €1000 new but you can get used ones on ebay Japan for a third of the price. The one I got came in it's original box without a single mark on it. Basically like new.

Had a bit of fun setting it up and converting the menu from Japanese to English. Just trying to figure out now what listening equipment to pair it with.
PXL_20231219_111846429.jpg
PXL_20231219_111926276.jpg
PXL_20231219_160243471.jpg
Last edited by o1s1n on January 3rd, 2024, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDK

Post by MDK »

zak wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 10:39 am Why is Daisenpu the inferior version? :p
Neo Gold wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 10:47 am I nearly slipped up and bought a Dai Sen Pu pcb from another member here...its the inferior version AND it was over £300!! + delivery!..
From what I remember the enemy endurance levels in Twin hawk are higher along with the overall difficulty level compared to Daisenpuu.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Sounds like Daisenpu is the fairer game. I managed to 1cc the first loop of Daisenpu. Might try Twin Hawk next.
MDK wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 11:16 am From what I remember the enemy endurance levels in Twin hawk are higher along with the overall difficulty level compared to Daisenpuu.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

o1s1n wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 10:54 am I decided to quit streaming services and go back to listening to full albums again via a dedicated DAP. Picked up a Sony NW-WMA1 over Christmas.
Noice. NW-WM1AM2 user here.
European versions of the Sony DAPs have a ridiculous volume cap so importing these is essential.
IMG_8037.JPG
Oppo PM-3, Custom Cans balanced cable.
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

Very nice! Is that one of those Miter Cases? was it an easy fit? I've heard they can be difficult enough to get onto the unit. Looks gorgeous.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

no thats the braided nutsack hair of sika deer to better resonate the tones......dont mind whatever pang comes back with

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

The volume cap is felt on my Xperia phone.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

o1s1n wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 2:09 pm Very nice! Is that one of those Miter Cases? was it an easy fit? I've heard they can be difficult enough to get onto the unit. Looks gorgeous.
Yeah. Fits great.
geotrig wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 2:33 pm no thats the braided nutsack hair of sika deer to better resonate the tones......dont mind whatever pang comes back with
:lol:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Pete wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 3:01 pm The volume cap is felt on my Xperia phone.
I had this idea of turning an old Xperia phone into an mp3 player by having it in ultimate stamina mode all the time. But since the volume cap is ridiculous, I hardly ever use it.
Emulation's nice when done well
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

zak wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 10:39 am Why is Daisenpu the inferior version? :p
Daisenpu is too easy.. It never ends.. Loop + loop etc.. Gets boring, Twin hawk was tweaked and offers a decent challenge, enemies take more hits to knock down and firing rate seems faster to me..
Also.. Main draw was simultaneous players!.. So our lass can join in and play!.. 👍
Check out STG weekly #181. 🤓
WANTED! .. Any Tatty old candy cab!.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Twin Hawk is really fun in 2 player mode, which is a rare thing for shmups. Worst 2 player game must be ESPGALUDA. Kakusei chaos.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:18 pm
Pete wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 3:01 pm The volume cap is felt on my Xperia phone.
I had this idea of turning an old Xperia phone into an mp3 player by having it in ultimate stamina mode all the time. But since the volume cap is ridiculous, I hardly ever use it.
They do everything better in Japan even plane crashes.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 7:18 pm
I use an old Samsung like this, loaded with a mix of FLAC and MP3, but it's normally streaming free stations via RadioDroid.

It's either hooked up to an old Sony micro system or a set of AKGs, at home. Out and about I use an aging pair of Sennheiser bluetooth closed back with my normal phone.

Apart from the micro system, I find everything gets uncomfortably loud at max volume. Not aware that I've defeated any volume limits in place or otherwise.