Show off your wares.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Re: 3D Printed Arcade Parts

Post by ChrisBEANS »

FrancoB wrote: February 9th, 2023, 9:23 pm Glad you like them Chris :awe:

I made a set for the wonderous banana and a while back he sent me a picture showing that the center part of the reducer had cracked in half and also delaminated/fallen off the rest of the restrictor :eh: I thought this was pretty bizarre and a one off but I looked in my CP recently and one of mine had delaminated too :wtf:

I still can't really see how this is happening as there are not really any unsupported forces to flex that part of the reducer. Fact of the matter is it's happened twice though so needs sorting. The originals were printed in PLA and I've since printed some replacements using PETG in the hope that the layers fuse together a little better. I've sent a set to nana to try out. @ChrisBEANS , if you have similar issues let me know and I'll send you some replacements too. That goes for you as well @mirkvid .
Honestly, I’m not just blowing smoke up your a*se, I think it’s brilliant.

Just installed yesterday, so I’ll keep an eye out for degradation, but in the mean time I’m going to put the second one in the U4.
I’m half decent at Metal Slug and MS2, and I’m very used to the feel of the LS32 that’s in there right now, so it’ll be interesting to see how/if it affects my success.

I honestly think it’s improved my Esprade game (I still suck).
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Cheers for creating the support/display bracket.

I love my original Cocktail CP, but the angle and lack of (2) buttons made some games I wanted to play very awkward, or impossible. I decided to see if I could use your design as an actual useable CP mount.

Cut a REPRO Vewlix panel in half that I had spare, and gave it a go. I only really wanted/needed three buttons, but wired the whole lot up in the end rather than just blanking the extras.
I just need to sort some mounting bolts for the corners to make it fully sturdy, not that it really needs it as it fits really nicely.
f84eb2bd-5b20-4f5b-a565-f87874c38007.jpg
Mounted via original CP housing holes so I didn't have to drill any extra holes
72ab728d-6f93-43a3-ba49-32d2652e10b4.jpg
I think it fits, looks and works like a charm :awe:
85b8e15b-8c1d-4187-958c-32dace75945f.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

:awe: Great job
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Grail 8-)
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Sweeeeet!

Clever!

How sturdy is it to rest your hands on?
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Wow, that must be a huge improvement. Looks :awe: too.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Love it mate, nice use! :awe:
ST67
eBay: inprogress
Initials: MTN

Post by ST67 »

Any chance we could order some of these? I don't have a printer but would like some of the parts...!

I'd love some Astro City panel holders, Ultracade holder, GBS-C holder, quite a few things really! Extremely cool.
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Are these parts that there are models available for or do they need designing? I'm happy to help either way if I can.

In regards to Astro CIty panel holders, @TodoRojo designed [these] ones.. and its where I got the inspiration for mine.
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

ChrisBEANS wrote: May 14th, 2023, 9:36 pm How sturdy is it to rest your hands on?
I pre-drilled some pilot holes, and then put screws directly into the plastic. I've given it a fair amount of pressure and it seems pretty solid. I got them printed using PETG - I have no idea on the different materials, but it seemed to offer better strength that the standard PLA option when ordering.

The true test will be when I unleash my 5yo daughter onto it... :lol:

Worst case if she does manage to start breaking it off, I can just drill through fully and then bolt it on using nuts/bolts/washers, but that will probably require putting an extra hole or two in the CP housing, and I don't really want to do that.
I Got PAID...
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

A lot of the strength will come down to how many floors and walls/shells they've used and how much infill. Is any of that an option or do they just print them solid do you know?

If you do have problems let me know and I can modify the model to use embedded steel nuts or similar which would make it pretty solid. I wish you had come to me first as I owe you one or two now :whoopsie:

FrancoB wrote: February 9th, 2023, 9:23 pm Glad you like them Chris :awe:

I made a set for the wonderous banana and a while back he sent me a picture showing that the center part of the reducer had cracked in half and also delaminated/fallen off the rest of the restrictor :eh: I thought this was pretty bizarre and a one off but I looked in my CP recently and one of mine had delaminated too :wtf:

I still can't really see how this is happening as there are not really any unsupported forces to flex that part of the reducer. Fact of the matter is it's happened twice though so needs sorting. The originals were printed in PLA and I've since printed some replacements using PETG in the hope that the layers fuse together a little better. I've sent a set to nana to try out. @ChrisBEANS , if you have similar issues let me know and I'll send you some replacements too. That goes for you as well @mirkvid .
And so the saga continues.....

I thought that the PETG prints had solved my issues until I opened my CP earlier and found that one of these has failed also :mad:

I thought I would sort it for good this time. I have re-modelled the complete restrictor and reduced the gate by 1mm. This makes it perform the same as the previous version but it is now one solid piece.

The original restrictor has 3mm location spigots on the underside. I've modelled 2.7mm holes for M3x8mm CSK screws which perform the same job.

I've added this as a remix of my original design and can be downloaded from Printables.com [here].
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Nice work! :awe:
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

This is so cool!! I’ve not had any issues with mine, but these full restrictors look basically indestructible!

I’ve downloaded the pattern, and I’ll look for a 3D printing service (unless anyone wants to recommend a specific company?) to get a couple made up.
Do I need to request anything specific or any particular material to be used?

Cheers for sharing this as always. I’ve said it before, but it’s worth saying again, I genuinely think this has (at least slightly) improved my performance on Esprade. 8-)
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

I'm not sure where to suggest service wise, @wigsplitta might point you towards where he had his parts printed.

Material wise PLA would be more than fine for these and will probably be the cheapest option.

I rattled a few of these off for myself and nana today, it's honestly no problem if you want me to make some more for you. Don't be shy :whoopsie:
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

FrancoB wrote: June 19th, 2023, 10:22 pm I'm not sure where to suggest service wise, @wigsplitta might point you towards where he had his parts printed.
I used treatstock which is a basically a 3D printing marketplace. Upload the files and then choose from a list of different suppliers based on price, materials etc.
FrancoB wrote: June 19th, 2023, 2:47 pm A lot of the strength will come down to how many floors and walls/shells they've used and how much infill. Is any of that an option or do they just print them solid do you know?
Yes, infill is an option and I seem to think that the default setting was 60%. I just left it as default. The only defaults I changed were the material and colour.
I Got PAID...
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Dual PCB spacers:

Details / files on [Printables.com]
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Can I be your boyfriend?? (Sorry everyone else… he completes me)
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Sorry Chris, I can't ever see myself being a one guy guy :fastlove:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Very clever as usual, FrancoB. Looks great.
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Cheers bud. In all fairness @Ace` [came up with the idea/request]. That was just my spin on it :)